The Radio Neutralizer - Lyin' Baloney

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Malkin reveals own journalistic dishonesty - any response from cohort Maloney?

Saturday, over at Michelle Malkin's blog, the pro-internment quasi-pundit whines about being asked whether her blog posts were in fact, you know, actually written by her:

During one of countless book-related radio interviews this week, a liberal radio host insultingly asked me whether I write my own column. His question was prompted by vicious anonymous bloggers who portray me as a greedy Asian whore/dupe/brainwashing victim who simply parrots what my white slavemasters program into my empty little head. These critics have stepped up attacks on my husband Jesse as a fanatical right-wing puppeteer orchestrating all I do and say
Malkin tries to hide behind racial terms, but the evidence does raise suspicion:
For example, on September 8th, the day she was on her way to speak at Berkeley, she posted four times, including one in-depth post about Eric Muller. She then posted a wrap-up of the talk and a review of her schedule at two am pacific time, before posting again at 9:30 the next morning.
More recently, on Friday night, Malkin posted this at 7:28 pm, updating it afterwards when it turned out her first source was probably mistaken. The same night, she gave a talk in Washington, D.C.


Knocked back on her heels by the revelation that, perhaps, every word and idea published on her blog might not be her own, Malkin decides to concede what she probably hopes is an innocuous point: that her husband has, in fact, done some of her blogging work for her.

On her husbands "assistance:"

He has done copy-editing on my three books, conducted background research, taken dictation, drafted language for business letters, reviewed contracts, mailed my thank-you notes, helped me with a handful of blog posts out of the estimated 3,000 I've written since June 2004, corrected the math in a few of the estimated 800 newspaper columns I've penned since November 1992, and provided me with emotional support and encouragement through good times and bad.


Wait, what?! He helped you with "a handful of blog posts?" What does that mean? Are all of them a handful? None? Some?

So maybe Malkin panicked at the suggestion of the truth...and thought that this "hat-tip" to her husband would put the whole thing to bed. But the revelation directly conflicts with an earlier declaration Malkin made:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION

From the e-mailbox:

Is that really you posting at ungodly hours of the night?

Actually, ungodly hours of the morning. Yup, it's me. No gold-plated interns here at Malkin Central. Just me and my keyboard and my incurable insomnia.

Insomnia...it does a blogger good.

So Malkin has claimed that, at different points, she both gets help on blog posts from her husband, and also that on the other end, it's just "me and me keyboard and my incurable insomnia."

Now the big question: where is the response from Maloney? At various times, Brian "I can't get any job in radio, local or national," has bragged about being both an investigative partner with Malkin and guest blogger on her site.

Seeing as how Malkin is Maloney's closest connection to anything even resembling national media exposure, wouldn't one expect a comment on or acknowledgement of such a big contradiction propagated by his "media mommy?"

We're waiting Brian.

5 Comments:

  • Here's a great resource for you.

    http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/

    He rips Malkin a new one.

    By Blogger Dick Tuck, at 9:13 PM  

  • Seems Maloney is upset because people researched his bio and found he had mischarecterized his own media reports.

    Why is no one in the right blogosphere mentioning that Brian Maloney is a loser?

    By Blogger samseder, at 6:13 AM  

  • Why is no one on the left complaining about Air America and it's theft of funds from charity?

    By Blogger Gahrie, at 3:15 PM  

  • More on Malkin's deception via Matt Stoller

    http://medianeedle.blogspot.com/2005/11/heatherworld.html

    Feel free to use the picture

    By Blogger Morse, at 11:23 AM  

  • No one on the left is complaining about Air America's theft of funds from charity because it is SOP for them. Truly, it is no big deal - this is the way it's done

    By Blogger Matt, at 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home